1 bar (4 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate bar
1 stick ( ½ cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
¾ cup & 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup semi-sweet chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour an 8x8 pan. In a heavy 1 ½ quarter saucepan melt chocolate bar and butter over low heat stirring until smooth. Remove pan from heat; let cool to room temperature. Sit in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, mix well. In bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly fold flour mixture into chocolate mixture, mix well. Stir in chips. Pour batter in pan. Bake for 2 to 30 minutes. Or until a tester comes out clean.
1 bar (4 oz.) = 125 grams
½ cup = 125 mL
1 cup = 250 mL
1 tsp. = 15 mL
¾ cup = 190 mL
2 tbsp. = 30 mL
¼ tsp. = 1 mL
2 pkg. (8 squares each) semi-sweet baking chocolate [**6 ½ squares semi-sweet 1 ½ squares unsweetened]
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. nbsp; Line 8 inch square pan with foil, with end of foil extending over sides of pan. Set aside
2. nbsp; Microwave chocolate and milk in large microwavable bowl on high 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add vanilla and nuts
3. nbsp; Spread into prepared pan
4. nbsp; Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Lift fudge from pan, using foil handles. Cut into 48 pieces each.
** 1 square = 1 ounce
6 ½ ounces = 180 grams
1 ½ ounces = 45 grams
2 tsp = 10 mL
2 1/3 cup all-purpose flow
½ cup shortening
1/3 cup sugar
½ cup of molasses
½ cup of honey
1 cup hot water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
- Heat oven to 325°. Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 9x9x2 inches, with shortening; lightly flour.
- Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes r until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
2 1/3 cup = 80 mL
½ cup = 125 mL
1/3 cup = 80 mL
1 cup = 250 mL
1 teaspoon = 5 mL
¾ teaspoon = 3 mL
325°F = 190°C
Rice Krispies Treats - The Original Treats™
Bottom of Form
This classic, delicious snack has been making memories for kids and parents alike for generations.
- Servings: 12
- Prep time: 10 min
- Total time: 30 min
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
3 tablespoons = 45 mL
4 cups = 1000 mL
6 cups = 1500 mL